06-07-2011, 04:47 AM   #77
jaekeem
BMW Noobie
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 M3 e46 M3 Macan S Model S

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypicalCat View Post
yea that guy is on a whole other level. His most recent.. prior to the mini (if he still even has that) lol

e90 m3 with the BBS championship LM's -- i think he sold it right before i got my 335. Anyways sick car.. maybe ill see you at the attic one day.
Yes James is on a totally different level I don't want to be near. He no longer has that mini too he's back to the raw e46 m3 at the moment and who knows what is in store for that car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMV8 View Post
Hey Ive seen this car at Bimmerfest. He rolled up with an e46m and beauty of a x5. lol
That's correct we rolled up together from the attic, our intern was with us in the black 335is. His car is now on dbk lm's we've rubbed off some of our modding bug onto him recently

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtose92 View Post
That stance is perfect. From your experience thus far, what are you comments/concerns with the coilovers vs stock suspension on the f10? I'm very curious how it is on a larger, more luxurious car in comparison to the e92. Thanks!
To be honest the kw v3 is one of the best mods I've done to the car at the moment. The suspension feels tighter yet has a very daily driveable feel. With the m sport package I had 4 suspension settings to choose from. Even at the sport + setting it was definitely sportier but felt great. But admit I had slight concerns with installing the kw v3 until I first drive out of the shop with them. Joe at trinity autosport set them at the recommended Out of the box specs and I love it.

I always drove my car in the sport+ setting and the kws are slightly firmer than that but completely streetable. As for the e92 I can't say as I've only driven stock m3s and rd sport lowered e90s. But those were around the suspension feeling I haven my car now.

I'll be tracking my car in September for industry track day so I can give a better review then after I see how they feel when the car is really pushed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharding View Post
That is an incredibly beautiful F10. You made great choices. As an architect I care a lot about the aesthetics of the F10. I really like the white lines taillights on this F10. They work well to make the taillights recall the look of the headlights and simplify the overall pure aesthetic. De-badging works well with this look.

It looks like the blinker surrounds near each of the front wheels were changed. How did you do that?
Thank you for the compliment, I feel the same way about the f10 as you do. There were a couple parts about the car that felt like they took away from the lines of this model. Aesthetically the stock chrome grilles were distracting and looked as though they distracted from the hood and front bumper. Same with the rear taillights and the gobs of red.

As for the the blinker surrounds I'm not quite sure what you mean. Are you referring to the orange reflectors? I had my window tinting shop wrap it in gloss black vinyl, and ended up matching close to the jet black paint job.

2011 F10 535i | Build Thread | Power Mods & Dynos
Appreciate 0