United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdimagineer View Post
I know the Tischer guys personally since I bought cars from them before I moved west. I mentioned to Jason that they should change the description. Physically it fits but obviously the exhaust is positioned differently and that means it isn't a direct bolt on.

I guess my point is that once you pay for parts, paint, and then have an exhaust shop modify things you're probably close to the cost of a CF piece or otherwise. You also run the risk of warranty issues.

My personal opinion is that the diffuser is the one thing I don't like about the M5. I ended up painting mine to give the car some contrast like my old 550 F10 with the M Sport package. However I just bought a carbon diffuser from Seibon that I can't wait to mount.
Yes I am from Maryland and have been up at Tischer myself plenty of times before I PCS'd to Texas and then WA. They do good work and usually are good at getting you any BMW part if you can supply the part numbers normally. Agree though that their add is misleading and not fully representative which is also why I posted what I've found/encountered so more are aware and informed.

As for pain and primer...really its not much. Part was on sale for $188 and prime/paint/install at the body shop in Portland was about $350 total including their labor for BOTH the diffuser AND an OEM rear spoiler - which should come with the M Sport package (believe it is fitted on Euro models but maybe wrong). The CF pieces I wish ran that low...the cheapest one I've seen was like $999 and the Vorsteiners go for $1600 and up! Add to that cost of install and/or paint if you want it it body colored as you mention and you're talking $2k for a rear difuser! That's alot! Almost ridiculous I'd say IMHO.

Haven't heard of Seibon before. Am sure your car looks great. I am just saying available options sometimes limit what we can easily do for our F10 cars!
'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0