View Single Post
      02-13-2013, 04:35 PM   #2
Awaghorn
Registered
Rep
Drives: E91 (F10 on order!)

Couple of things you could try:
- It's not that obvious for some of the online stuff that you need to put your username and password in (i.e. it doesn't prompt if you haven't done so). If you keep pushing right on the iDrive controller in one of the BMW online menus it should have an option to enter these details.
- There is an option to update online services in the BMW Online menu (sorry can't remember exactly where). Not sure if you can get that far given your error but worth a try.
- Also in the options menu (all the way to the right with the controller) I sometimes get an option to select to use my phone for data. Appreciate you aren't wanting to do this but might be worth kicking temporarily in case in needs that initial connection to get sorted?

My 520 (albeit new purchase) worked 'out of the box', except I still can't get the find my car feature in the iphone app to work. Everything else is fine, including remote headlight flash etc but for some reason that won't work. I need to call BMW about it as last time I spoke to them they suggested I reinstalled the (which I have) or that it was a 'signal problem' which is clearly nonsense given the other features all work.

HTH

Andrew
Appreciate 0