View Single Post
      10-08-2013, 06:48 PM   #17
reallyreallyslow
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: f10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrey View Post
Is it just me or anyone else feeling like me?
Here is my problem, not picking on your car, but in general on F10 with tiny engines, tens of thousands of dollars spent on aftermarket parts and installation, voiding factory warranty and you still end up with 520i or 520D!!!
Car looks like it want to be an M5 (at least looks of it) but will be smoked by every Civic SI, Golf R32 and many many others.
To me personally, BMW has always been about handling, practicality, power, prestige and tons of smiles, not looking fast but not having any balls to stand up to other brands and smoking them.
Did i mention resale value of cars heavily modified vs bone stock???
I understand this is a topic for a completely separate thread.
I just happened to see way too many "posers"
I had e39s for 8 years before my f10, and every single aftermarket mod i did to my cars and cars of my family, i regretted it,.
Aftermarket makes cars age faster!!!
BMW goes to great lengths to make sure everything works perfectly together, yet there are ppl that think they know better than best engineers in the world.
Look at e34 in original condition, its BEAUTIFUL! E39, Timeless (E60 not so much) but my point is simple, keep cars original and they will repay you tri-fold!!
When was the last time you thought, i really want to buy a car that was heavily modified by somebody with parts from ebay!!??? Never!
Just my $0.02
Well, perhaps you will understand if you happen to live in a part of the world where a f10 520i cost 200k usd and a m5 cost more than 2 times that.

Perhaps you will further understand if you are going to have average driving speed of 30km/hr even without traffic jam, and driving at 90mph is license revoking.
Appreciate 0