08-24-2010, 11:21 AM   #48
Soon ExAudi Guy
Week 36 Build
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghueser View Post
Soon Ex - you bring up valid points, there is a lot of confusion all arround. Key in my mind however is moving from a "maybe" or "should" category to a "for sure" for having this Combox. I think what it boils down to is the disconect between BMWNA and the engineers at Dingolfing. Because the combox is a physically new component, it most likely requires a revised wiring harness and new computer programming as well.

As you state, everything BMW has printed points to September. But does that mean the first week in September, or if they can get it done by the last week in September, would that quailify? That's why based on the additional information that others had provided, I had my car moved to week 37. No guarantee with this week as well, but based on the information that others are providing, I feel my chances are much improved. I am hopeful that one of us will get some form of confirmation that the combox is on their car within the next week or so.

Yes, you raise good points as well. The new ComBox is an important feature for those who in part choose their BMW because of the technology. BMW has not done a good job communicating the facts. Let's all keep sharing information and where possible, dealer bulletins that provide some written evidence.
Appreciate 0