View Single Post
      12-26-2014, 10:44 PM   #6
NewM3driver
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

I have both in my garage... the E93 vert with the M-sport pack handles very nicely, perfect balance of ride/handling. The steering is just about perfect, probably one of the heaviest in any recent BMW. The car is a bit tight on the inside. We use it as a fun driver, not a daily. Top down, its awesome. Top up, I personally feel cramped. I'm 5'9", 200 pounds, and I'm poured into the sport seats.

The 535 is a diesel which I'm having trouble with, but the car has the dynamic handling package and the luxury seating package with the Nappa leather. The handling is flat as can be when in sport mode... i wouldn't call it nimble or tossable, but it handles very well for a big car. The steering is way too light, i would call it fair at best. BUT, the interior size, comfort and build quality is LIGHT YEARS ahead of the 3 series. The 5, properly optioned (my car sticker was just shy of 73K) is an extremely comfortable, polished and refined ride. Just don't get the diesel.

Not to confuse you, but i'm just getting out of a 2012 X5 m-sport which, again, optioned up can be a supremely comfortable and sophisticated vehicle.

Last edited by NewM3driver; 12-26-2014 at 10:51 PM..
Appreciate 0