United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 LCI 535d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox530
Quote:
Originally Posted by silo24 View Post
Same issue here on my 2015 535d.

I managed to pretty much eliminate it by switching the run flats.
Can you try and explain in detail what it felt like and when it changed in feel etc?

No wonder my dealer couldnt find anything wrong if every damn F10 is like this. By contrast F30's I've driven seem completely smooth at cruising speed on decent tarmac.

My issue with switching the RFT's out is that the second you show up with a set of non BMW Star Marked tyres complaining of a drivetrain issue the excuse of 'non standard tyres' is right there. If I wasn't for that I'd have ebay'd the nearly new PZero's it came on and immediately fitted Eagle F1 Assymetric 3's as a matter of course. But as soon as you do that you are on your own with drivetrain smoothness issues.
I just got sick of them not being able to resolve the issue, so decided to change wheels first to 20's. once I did this and noticed the same problem, it was obviously not a wheel/tyre problem, but trying to get a dealer interested enough to go further up the drivetrain to check is nigh on impossible.

I basically accepted that switching out the run flats 'hides' the problem rather than resolves it. In 2yrs I'll get rid and move on.....