View Single Post
      05-21-2018, 04:27 AM   #11
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by thakid22 View Post
I don’t have any retrofit details... but I can tell you that ARS on the F10 is NOT calibrated in the same sporty manner that it was on the E60.

On the E60, ARS seems to resist all body roll. That is, you corner very flatly at all times. Turns, lane changes, and curves in the city result in little detectable body roll. Corner hard enough and there is eventually a smidge of body lean.
I loved ARS on my E60 535i Sport and thought I could not live without it.

So naturally, I spec’d ARS on my new F10 535i Msport. On the F10, ARS seems to work in a manner opposite of the E60... Here, on the F10, ARS will allow a few (too many) degrees of body roll/lean and then prevent you from leaning any further. The end effect is that, even in sport plus mode, the car will lean around turns/slaloms/corners/lane changes.
Don't follow your experience in the F10/11. My F11 resists initial roll and stays very flat.

BMW data/graphs don't suggest a change in roll control characteristics in later models, from original Dynamic Drive. Greatest resistance to roll at lower forces and 'gives more' as lateral forces increase.

There may be a slight difference, E60 vs. F10, due to vehicle weight, COG and other suspension changes, spring rates, etc..
Appreciate 0