View Single Post
      06-15-2018, 12:26 PM   #50
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Actually, that's spray paint. Someone blocked out the tails with black paint. It was like that for years. Classic. I grabbed that photo off Google and in that photo it may well be the tree branch, now that I look at it more closely. But at some point in the mid 90s it got hit with paint to make it official.

We used to go in there for a drink before officially going out for the evening. And by "a drink", I mean 1 drink, each. Long Island iced tea, in a pint glass for $4. Almost no ice. Almost no cola. I never actually finished one. $4 and you were set for the rest of the night. It was the deal of the century as a broke early 20-something kid.
That's awesome! There is a place like that on Beal Street in Memphis called Silky O' Sullivan's. The serve a drink called The Diver that is umpteen different liquors served in a bucket. Four of us worked on one and couldn't finish it. We had trouble walking leaving that place. They also have goats in an enclosed "playground" that you used to be able to feed. I can not confirm nor deny that those goats may have been given liquor and/or beer. That place is great!

Digging that OP has joined right in on the threadjackery!
Appreciate 0