View Single Post
      02-25-2011, 10:38 AM   #2
Shake n Bake
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 520d M-Sport Prof Media

I did briefly. As a father of 3, interior space was a major major factor in my choice of car and on that basis the X5 was closer in space to the 5 series, the X3 seeming much smaller when you stick 2 child seats in the back and put the eldest child between the two seats.

On that basis, the X3 just seemed to offer far less for the same money as the 520d and the X5 offered the same, but for lots more money and far worse economy.

My other candidates were the A6 Avant (dismissed because the new model is coming out late this year and I couldn't wait that long and didn't want to be driving the old model) and the Volvo XC90 (dismissed purely for fuel economy and feeling a bit older and cheaper).

I'm very very happy with my decision to go for the 520d. For my circumstances it's ideal. If you go for it, be sure you get professional media. £2k is a lot of money but it's only about 6% of the total price of my 520d sports auto and it makes the difference from just driving a nice car to enjoying an experience.

Just my opinion.
Appreciate 0