View Single Post
      09-09-2012, 07:06 AM   #18
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

I applied the opti coat on my F10 and it works wonders on my space grey paint and wheels. Everything seems to stay cleaner WAY longer than pre treatment. Like Jenks said even when its dirty it still somehow looks clean like you can still see the gloss behind the dirt. Highly highly recommended!

If you can wax your own car you can probably apply opticoat 2.0 yourself.

The key is to:

1. Do all paint correction work first

2. make sure there is zero wax on the paint (alcohol wipe down or Dawn wash)

3. wrap the yellow applicator with a latex glove then wrap the latex glove with the applicator inside with a blue shop towel with the smooth side facing out. (if you apply the shop towel on your paint and theres alot of noise you are using the wrong side of the towel) This prevents too much product to get sucked into the yellow pad and i find the blue shop towel glides over your paint much much easier than the pad alone

4. have some microfiber towels ready to go over the paint after the optic coat if you notice areas where it still looks hazy after 5mins of applying. You have about 10-15mins to still wipe down the product before it bonds completely. Work one panel of the car at a time and move on to the next.

5. Make sure you have adequate lighting to be able to see the paint

6. Do NOT use this product in direct sunlight or on a hot surface. I did my car at night with floor lamps shining around the car.

One tube should be plenty enough to do your F10, 4 wheels and still have some left to do a small car with this method.

Alan