View Single Post
      04-19-2013, 09:50 AM   #13
yellowcow
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlai View Post
Yellowcow,

1. Morr VS8.2 is a great looking wheel. But I see more and more look alikes nowadays. So you will really want to customize the finish to stand out.

2. Depends on how your car is equipped and your personal preference. If your car has Adaptive Drive which included dynamic dampening, you won't be able to replace the shocks with aftermarket ones without loosing integrated adjustibility to your suspension. In this case, springs will be your only option. H&R/Eibachs lowers the car but retains a fairly stock like ride comfort. But IMHO, ACS springs is really what the car should have felt like from the start as it is firmer than stock but still rides fairly comfortably.

If your car has standard shocks, then you have a lot more choices, depending on how involved you want to be. A lot of bros has have modded with KWv3 and had good results. You can adjust heights, dampening and rebound separately. However, you will need a lot of time to experiment with different settings to your own liking........

3. You can do it outside of BMW. I had mine done by BMW because they owe me a favor The difference is the fit and finish. In the early days, when some brothers here compare their M-Sport package installed outside BMW, and my M-Sport installed at BMW, they often find slight fitment issues, especially in width of the gaps at seams. I don't know if the outside shops are better now. And I think BMW paints the M-sport kit with 7-layers, I am not sure about the other shops.......

4. Again, depends on what you wanted. Better sound? Looks? Decide on the exhaust first and you will need to get the correct defuser to fit the exhaust. Be warned. Most of the more aggressively sounding aftermarket exhaust are prone to drone. Your passengers may not like it......

I see a lot of Eisenmann and Meisterchaft exhausts and depending if you are only getting the axle-back or the full cat back, you are looking at costs of around HKD28k (axle-back) to HKD50K (full cat back, titan tips).

5. A lot of the bros here used Wah Kee on the Hong Kong side, and Zillion on Kowloon side......
Thanks Ching mlai for your great advice. Will certainly see take your comments into consideration. Doing all the above will cost a lot and need to start saving some $$....LOL
Appreciate 0