View Single Post
      10-22-2012, 09:37 AM   #118
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

I have mine mounted the same spot too but i would agree it barely makes it there. The wiring needs to have alittle more slack imo but its fine.

On the default setting the JB4 is def. noticeable. Even normal driving you can feel the extra oomph when you are in sport mode. Its not staggering like it was when i got my 335 tuned but its noticeable and makes the car feel lighter when you take off.

Did a few WOT pulls this weekend and so far so good. Those that already have stage 1 probably isn't going to see much if any gains going with stage 2 from the dynos floating around here. It may FEEL different since Terry claims boost control is different between the two. No way to know unless someone has both to test back to back.

One thing i noticed that wasn't there before is when i was cruising at a steady speed and then somewhat punched the throttle (going from 20% throttle to lets say 70%) i felt a small stutter and before the car took off. Noticed it twice the second day after i got the tune installed so maybe something was still adapting.

Another thing is my car gave me a warning on the idrive saying that the battery was diminished or something and certain electronics were turned off BEFORE i installed the JB4. My car is a 2013 with 1300 miles on it and my guess this is an issue for those of us that don't drive the car on a daily basis. My car sits M-F and only gets moderate use on the weekends so it may not have enough time to charge the battery sufficiently. After driving around for 30mins the warning went away.

Alan

Last edited by Alan l.; 10-22-2012 at 12:04 PM..
Appreciate 0