02-08-2020, 03:25 PM   #43
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohsin View Post
Can you share the part number? My current same battery p/n is obsolete according to the dealer. Thanks
So they didn't ask for your VIN and give you the current BMW part number?

If not, you can find this easily by using one of the online part database sites. Just enter the last 7 digits of your VIN...then go to the ELECTRICAL diagrams and scroll down to the battery diagrams. When you click on that...you will see a list of 11 digit BMW part nbrs that are current.

If you're not familiar with I any or the online part database sites...you can use any of the ones below:
  1. www.realoem.com
  2. http://bmwfans.info/parts-catalog/
  3. http://bimmercat.com

If it doesn't matter that the battery has a BMW label...if you want to go aftermarket...you have two AGM battery sizes you can select from. The larger (usually more expensive battery) would be the 95R/H9 battery class size (this will be the 105Ah battery)...or you can look for the 49/H8 battery class size which will be the 90/92/95Ah battery. If the battery you go with has the same specs as what you replaced...all you need to do is REGISTER the new battery. If you get a new battery that has different specs...you'll not only need to REGISTER the battery...but also CODE the new battery which will set up your car's electrical system to charge the new battery accordingly based on the new specs (lower/higher Ah (amp hour), lower/higher CCA (cold cranking amps), lower/higher CA (cranking amps), or lower/higher RC (reserve capacity))

Example...click link and scroll down to see what the new 11 digit BMW part number is for the 105 Ah battery:

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 03-17-2020 at 09:14 PM..
Appreciate 0