09-17-2014, 01:09 AM   #6
Noggie
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: E31 850i,i3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozkj View Post
Posted the pics, I think it's tough to tell a big difference via pictures before & after. But there's definitely a big improvement seeing it live, and the finish is super smooth. While silver supposedly looks better when slightly dirty, I'm not sure it provides the same pop after detailing as darker colors.

For iron remover, Iron X is def smelly. Couldn't find another recommended option when I was ordering all my supplies though. Aside from the smell, I was amazed how well it worked. Had it not been for all the purple spots that appeared after spraying it on the car, I would have never believed there was that much iron still on the finish - wow.

Noggie - thanks for the post. I read through your very thorough thread before starting on my 535d! All the photos and instructions really helped.
Thanks, always good to be able to help a fellow car nut
It is hard to see the before and after effect on pictures, that is why I usually do the 50/50 shots to be able to properly show the result.

This is a friends black Audi I did two weeks ago, The car looked black. and nice when I got it, but after a good treatment it really popped. Good thing as it will be used as a wedding car this weekend

This photo is not edited, straight off my iPhone.
Appreciate 0