View Single Post
      10-31-2011, 11:18 AM   #3
Shake n Bake
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 520d M-Sport Prof Media

I have a 520d Touring. I bought it new in February (or rather December, then waited on delivery) Similar spec to yours, though I see you didn't pick the sports auto - I strongly suggest you add that, it's superb.

I have the oyster leather which I combine with a 3 year old, a 6 year old and an 11 year old. It's not a problem. I keep a pack of wet wipes in the boot which sorts everything out quickly. I'd recommend the light interior. It looks awesome and makes the car seem v spacious.

I didn't get ambient lighting and always regretted it.
I didn't get folding mirrors and that's never bothered me.
I didn't get 18 inch wheels and that's never bothered me. 17" looks just fine. Not as good as 18" when you have them side by side, but does that actually happen in the real world???
I didn't get DAB because I'm not a big music nut. I like to listen to podcasts which I do via the usb link in the armrest.
USB and heated seats I did buy and these are great. Use them all the time.

The seats are amazingly comfortable. I've done 18,000 miles and the Touring just soaks them up. I've never felt less fatigue that with this car in my 20 years driving. I doubt you'll need to spend more on them.

When I bought my car in December, I immediately joined this forum and was here daily for several months. I recall that there was around that time lots of chatter around recent changes to the standard spec; certainly the prof media hardware (or firmware) was updated.

I'm sorry that I cannot remember the detail but I would suggest you read back and try to find out. There was a group of the early model owners a bit pissed off that they didn't have stuff some of the other ppl did.

Now this is a pretty regular thing with this model. Almost every month seems to have a slightly evolving build. Understanding the changes build to build will be good for you to know if you are getting a used model.
Appreciate 0