View Single Post
      10-25-2010, 09:08 AM   #76
archivedaccount
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
If your 'similar issue' is at around 70 - 80mph, then that makes at least 4 UK users on the forum saying the same in recent days. Being specific, more defined than the 'less than precise' steering we've read of and experienced.

Certainly interested in the winter tyre change... will it be a RFT set, or non RFT?

HighlandPete
I did a drive from Leeds to Hull (65mph) and Hull to Leeds (75mph). I didn't notice at the time, but thinking back the steering did seem to require more counter force on the return journey. What I have noticed since is that 90% of the time there is no pull. It goes straight. Then for no apparent reason it will start steering to the right, even approaching roundabouts. It's like it hits some kind of camber and the steering gets exposed.

If it was just me driving the car I would get non-RFT's and a puncture repair kit, but with the missus and kids using it frequently I'm going to stick with RFT's for winter tyres. That's assuming BMW ever get any in stock.

PS MPG on the journey was 52, real word 51mpg after a brim to brim test. Its since dropped to 43mpg with purely urban driving.
Appreciate 0