07-31-2011, 04:54 AM   #8
delvek
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2014 550i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by PieterF11 View Post
@Delvek, Hi, I am new to this forum. I am thinking about going for an F11 with m package but understand that you have used ACS to lower it a bit more. Since my budget is stretched already, going for Adaptive Drive will not be an option. Do you think Adaptive Drive is a must for keeping the car "comfortable" for the wife and kids? Btw, I am going for the 19" wheels. Thanks!
I would consider the AD a must have. I dont use comfort that often, a couple of weeks ago I was driving back from Versailles, France (about 4 hours) in a caravan of cars so I was just plodding along, I put it in comfort mode and still despised it. Without the ACS suspension the second I got in the car I switched it to sport (suspension only) mode. With the ACS suspension it felt like it was in sport (suspension only) mode even though it was in normal. I still switch it to sport (suspension only) mode when I get in the car and it feels very grounded sometimes too grounded with the feedback, but I like that.

I dont know what options your considering but AD and sport transmission would be must haves over most other items if your buying a 550.