06-22-2015, 07:45 PM   #20
The.King
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordinho View Post

Hope it's clear now.
Not quite!

Ok, let me think of the easiest way to clear this up and ask a question...

Lets say original window motor wire = yellow & original window switch wire = red. Your wire to make new connections to power LEDs = white. Ok so far?

I understand that I can either cut both of these wires (yellow & red) cleanly, or I can splice into them to expose the inner wire and then attach the new white wire to them.

Ok - here it goes...

(A) Am I attaching 3 x separate white wires to both the yellow & red wires, so that I have 3 x white wires connected to yellow and 3 x white wires connected to red?

(B) If (a) above is correct, does it not matter that all 3 x white wires are connecting to the yellow & red wires in the exact same cut area on the wire?

(C) Does it not matter about polarity? I am no guru or electrician either, but do the LED modules not need a positive & negative connection to work? (i.e. I will not be using white speaker wire, but proper red/black positive/negative wire.

(D) If you are using the window switch & window motor wires to get power, then I should be able to repeat the same process for each door (considering all doors have a window switch & motor) and only have two connections instead of needing a 3rd, right?

(E) Just to clarify, did you fit all the interior ambient lighting (i.e. under top trim in the space/track provided, on the interior door open handle, & the lower door pocket too?) i.e. You just skipped the exterior door pull handle? Or did you also skip the interior door open handle? If I am doing full OEM on the interior (top trim, door open handle & lower door pocket) but not doing the exterior door handle, will I need 3 x wires for this?

(F) Did you say somewhere that I needed to remove the door completely from the car to get at the wiring? Or do I just need to remove all door interior lining?

Hopefully, this clears up my questions and once I have answers, I should be ready to start the retrofit!

Again thanks in advance for your help.
Appreciate 0