View Single Post
      11-26-2009, 08:41 AM   #18
epiphone3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois View Post
Hey, nice to meet a fellow Albertan . I know most of the guys (and gals) at that dealership as well, so they took it in stride; they know what I am like when it gets down to discussing $. It was nothing personal, I just expressed my unwillingness to entertain the price but with a smirk and no hard feelings. One of those ‘had to be there, have to know me’ moments.

My timeline to close an F10 is similar to yours, providing the pricing is fair and everything checks out. I too think the F10 would be a great fit. I love my 335i but I am 6'4" with disproportionately long legs and I just feel more comfy in the 5. The E60 felt great but I really did not like the styling at all, plus the N54 engine was not available at that time and I did not want to make the jump to a 550 (may as well just go with the M, IMO). I feel about the F10 almost as good as I felt when the 335i was introduced, just different. With the 335i the excitement for me was that BMW finally stuck some power in a 3 series without me having to pony up for an M and then put up with getting my guts banged around. With the F10 535 it is more of a holistic feeling; power, beauty, fit, comfort, not too much, not too little. I do not need an M badge, I just want a smile on my face and that little happy fuzzy feeling I'm sure we all continue to get in our gut when walking toward our B.

Anyway, I digress. If you know anyone in AB that would be interested in a meticulously cared for 2007 (August 2008 build - any early kinks were worked out by then) 335i toward the mid to end of 2010 let me know :-). Always slept inside a heated garage, no dings, no smoke, 6spd sedan, sport package, Sparkling Graphite, comfort access, bluetooth/ipod USB, nav, high perf winters on perfect alloy rims, etc.

Cheers! Let's hope for $3K less than last years 5, just because I'm a wishful thinker.

On the first point, totally understood! Its good to have a relationship with the dealer (its what kept me from buying stateside despite temptation).

Agreed... I love my E90 also, and believe it or not, am also 6'4. It is overall pretty comfortable but I find that I struggle to get the perfect driving position without having some other downside, eg. people can't sit behind me, seat pad tilted all the way up so working clutch and throttle on hills can be a bit awkward and no upper back/shoulder support... alternatively, get rid of all other problems but have no mid-back support. I'm sure you know what I am talking about. Plus I have the sport suspension on my car and it can be stiff at times.

My old man has an E60 with comfort seats and it seems like it is a much better fit. I think the F10 will be even more so because it is a little more driver/sport focused, I think. I really seems like the Goldylocks solution... total balance.

I'll have to go over to the dealer when the get a 5GT and rattle their cage a bit. Should be good times!

I think that I will be lucky because I have a good buddy who is dying to take my very well maintained 323i off my hands
Appreciate 0