View Single Post
      04-12-2015, 10:12 AM   #27
robbylou
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by riku2 View Post
These instructions were really helpful although they don't mention the tabs on the bottom of the bumper on the left and right sides. They need to be released too and then the sides come away easier. If you stick your head under the bumper on each side you'll see them. A plastic prying tool is good for freeing them.

Also when replacing the bumper there are two guides moulded into the bumper on each corner. they go into slots on the corner of the bumper support (still part of the car). Somebody must have taken off the bumper of my used car in the past since one of them was folded completely flat since they didn't engage it and it ended up flattened instead. So when putting the bumper back, pay attention that this slots into place.

Otherwise the instructions were great. I used them to retrofit the smart opener (kick to open the boot) since my 2011 model didn't have it.
Very helpful additions. I would say lining up the tabs with the guides takes the most care and attention in the whole operation. I used a screwdriver to hold the bumper tabs in place while pushing the other 3 tabs into the brackets under the taillights . Otherwise it wants to fold under.

Very easy project with the original instructions and these added details.
Appreciate 0