View Single Post
      07-15-2017, 09:57 PM   #1
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Cool DIY MSPORT side skirt install!

hey fellow forum members! decided to make a DIY since i really didn't find one other than the info i got from you guys and everything on YouTube was for other BMW's. now what helped me out was i used the MSPORT skirt for reference to see where all the screws would be since you can see all the mounting points. so let's get started

here's the boring base skirts

and here's the beautiful MSPORT skirts

using a 8mm socket

starting from the rear remove the first two screws underneath that are running vertical to each other

next remove the two plastic screws on each side of the jack plate with a philips head screw driver

working towards your way to the front of the skirt there are two more 8mm screws

now here is where the hidden plastic screw is to be found. the BMW door sill logo is pretty much above or in line with where that screw can be found. you have to push down on what looks like hard felt cover

than pretty much remove the remaining 4 8mm screws as you work your way towards the front of the skirt

now i looked on the rear end of the MSPORT skirt and noticed there's like a tab that hangs down a bit which is what holds the skirt into place. i was careful when i pulled on the skirt not to break it since when you first pull on it it's on pretty good but add enough pressure and it'll pop out!

now start pulling little by little like so and you'll hear the skirt popping out

continue pulling making your way toward to the front

here again you can see the little slot where there's a tab that the skirt snaps into so just pull with some pressure and eventually the skirt will pop out

the rear door has to be wide open in order to get the skirt to drop down.

now install is basically the same thing but in reverse. since these are not OEM these replica MSPORT skirts fit very well. no gaps whatsoever considering the 3d style carbon fiber side skirt fit flush as well

and the finished install! not too bad eh?

hope this helps anybody looking to remove their skirts or for the members looking to swap out there base skirts to MSPORT skirts
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 07-15-2017 at 10:02 PM..
Appreciate 0