View Single Post
      12-29-2013, 09:36 PM   #13
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

I had the finance manager offer this to me for 3 years @ $1800, I believe. I politely turned it down - pick-up is on Tuesday, so time to change my mind, I guess. I've had 18" wheels on my 335i for 6+ years and honestly never had a problem. I bent all four rims over time but just had them repaired - cost of about $500, and they were flawless after the repair. As for the tires, the 19" on the 550i I ordered retail for about $1400/set at tirerack, so they ARE pretty pricey... but you'd need to pop all 4 and then-some for this to be worth it from what I'm seeing?

I've heard bad things on this forum about the LS2s that come standard on the F10... I'll likely do what I've done with the 335i and swap them for non-RFTs. I simply carried a flat-fix kit (mini compressor with flat fixing goo) from Continental. I actually never had to use it (thankfully). I've run Michelin Pilot Sports on the 335i for these past 6 years with great results... even when hitting some ugly potholes here in the NY metro area.

All said, I'll probably skip on the tire and wheel insurance.
Appreciate 0