View Single Post
      04-12-2024, 04:21 AM   #2
Surly73
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535xi 8AT KWv3 MPE MHD xHP

If you don't have X-Drive you have more options for suspension/shocks, which is a plus.

First, I would get yourself mentally prepared. A 5 second scan of your post history points to E60s and E90s. Prepare to be let down by the F10 as a driver's car. (My history is E39, E46 and E90 myself) It is not an evolution E34 -> E39 -> E60. It is a "little 7" instead of a "big 3" and is built to satisfy different consumer demands than the older cars. If you've experienced the past models, the steering will never feel good in comparison.

You can go coilovers, or something like Bilstein B6 (but I would say there's a shortage of well thought out spring options to modestly lower and firm up, without the priority being low appearance - perhaps Dinan). This is one reason I chose coilovers - I can set ride height and dial out ridiculous looking rake that spring-makers may implement intentionally.

There's also a lot of back and forth on sway bar options. The H&R and Eibach kits are nearly identical, but in my personal experience the 30mm bar is a little large up front and leads to negative side effects due to insufficient independent action across the car (IMO).

None of this is necessarily cheap. If you have DHP, EDC, ARS etc... then you should actually be in pretty good shape already if it's turned up and working properly.
Appreciate 1