04-03-2015, 03:19 AM   #45
MalithS
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 LCI 530D Luxury

Update:

Finally after waiting weeks and weeks managed to collect the car last night

It was due early last week but there has been a bottleneck at the docks and BMW took a long time to clear and it seems my car came to Southampton so dealer had to get permission from BMW and go collect it from there rather than wait for the delivery to be arranged.

I will post some pics as soon as I get a chance to take some proper photos. It was a bit sad parting with the old car as I've got a little attached over the last 3.5 years and it has never let me down.

First impressions of the new car... wow the 30d is amazing. Its so smooth and refined over the 20d. Havent had a chance to drive it much only 10-15 miles so far. Feel like doing a long road trip this weekend This is my first brand new car so I am also trying to take it a little easy for the first 1k miles or so just to let the engine loosen up. I know there are all sorts of views on this. Dealer said drive it anyway you like but the user manual still states dont take over 3.5k revs etc for the first 1200 miles or so. New nav is very nice and the HUD is just brilliant. Pity the sunroof isnt very useful on a day like today. The only thing nagging me now is if I should have got VDC......

Thank you for all your advice and helping with my decision making.
Appreciate 0