Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Audi Q7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1HOT BMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrumcap View Post
Hate to leave BMW but the comments on here make the 550 sound like a total dud in the fun to drive, performance category.
My 550i is not a total dud and it is a lot of fun to drive, one just needs to order the right stuff and replace the tires. I have driven all the roads I have enjoyed with my sports car and I can tell you that I find my 550 a lot of fun to drive. It is eager to change direction cornering absolutely flat with no roll whatsoever and accompanied by a very sharp and controlled transient response. Few people seem to understand that this is not meant to be a harsh riding, feel every bump, fight the steering pull, kind of car. This is just the perfect two cars in one: a fantastic luxury cruiser and a fun and powerful sports sedan.

BTW, I have no idea how good (or bad) the new S6 will be but given my previous Audi encounters I very much doubt that the S6 will be better than my 550i. Also, by the time you add a couple of options to the S6 you will be in M5 territory and that is a different story
As far as the S6, Car and Driver picked it over the M5 and E63. I haven't read a negative review yet. I would love to stay with BMW but they aren't making it easy for me. I will be paying close attention to the upcoming LCI changes in hopes that the 550 stacks up better to the S6.
Appreciate 0