View Single Post
      04-11-2011, 05:08 AM   #11
plusman
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 2019 3-Series (G20)

Since my new F10 is just over 2 months old, I haven't (yet) had this problem.

However I had it a lot on my previous E60 5-series (530d M Sport). I brought it back a number to times to the dealer and they checked it out, but could never find any problems. They fully charged up the battery and it was OK for a few weeks, but then the problem re-occurred again and again. The software in the car was completely reloaded about 3 times, but this made no difference.

The dealer then suggested that it might be due to the fact that most of my journeys were relatively short, but it happened even after a long run (150+ miles). The discharge happened even in hot weather - so I don't think it was solely due to the higher load on cold mornings.

One thing that I did notice early on when we got the car was that the clock lost time very quickly. When I raised this with the dealer they said this was not unusual. This happened from day one, though the problem with the excessive discharge warning only started after about 2 years. However you could generally tell when the battery was giving problems as the clock was reset to zero, even before the discharge error came up.

We sold the car when we got the F10, but never solved the problem as to why the battery kept discharging.
Appreciate 0