07-31-2015, 09:17 AM   #18
Surly73
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535xi 8AT KWv3 MPE MHD xHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydiem8 View Post
Any drone inside the car? Is it loud when you step on the gas?
I still haven't driven the car a whole lot since installing it. Whether the sound is pleasing or not is subjective and I won't go into a ton of stuff here, at least not just yet.

I can say that when you've reach speed and get out of the throttle you can't really hear it at all, even with the windows down. Especially if you're 2500 rpm or more. You can hear it a little more if you're below 2000 - you'll almost always be able to tell that SOMETHING is different compared to stock in the lower RPM range. With the windows rolled up it's not all that different even when accelerating, but if I had 6MT it would still be different enough to be appreciated.

It seems to be "most different" from stock in the 1750-2500 RPM range.

I had a Dinan exhaust on my E39 so I'm used to non-stock exhausts, but I've been driving stock since 2012 when the E39 was totaled. With the windows down I feel like the M PE is pretty pronounced but friends who aren't "car guys" say it's not really all that loud when I'm driving away - enough to be "different" and sound "good" but not enough to attract negative attention or look like a wanna be.

Cold starts are quite loud.
Appreciate 0