View Single Post
      11-03-2011, 07:06 AM   #6
dgmc
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2013 330d M Sport

Hi Jon,

I managed to get a drive in a 640d M Sport with Adaptive Drive on Tuesday - insurance wouldn't play ball so Business Manager came with me but didnt mind me pushing on. Compared to the 520d M Sport with standard M Suspension the Adaptive Drive was a revelation even in Comfort+ setting - supreme suspension control and no suspension bounce. I was on roads up on Tyrone, North West Northern Ireland which would equal some of your roads and although suspension was firmish it had just the right balance.

I didn't detect a massive difference between the modes although almost zero roll in Sport. Handling was ok, superior to the 520d M sport but not as alive as my E90 320d M Sport - Steering the main issue as so artificial.

I think I noticed previously that you had a drive in the new 6 - how would you compare with your 535d M Sport with Adaptive Drive - is there the same body and suspension control? I also felt that turning circle in 6 was better although noticed that it has slightly shorter wheelbase but in general it felt much smaller which I was surprised at and I hardly though about the size difference from my 320d M Sport. Does the 6 have slightly firmer Adaptive Drive setup compared to the 5?

I appreciate your feedback as thats probably the only chance I'll get to test and Adaptive Drive car - car was sent over by BMW UK for a Sales pitch with David Prentice dealerships at Portadown and Omagh marketing the 6, 5GT and 7.

Thanks,

David
Appreciate 0