05-03-2016, 01:25 PM   #20
PJinCA
USAF Pararescue Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
So Black Candy is going in for her alignment and the guy said no problem on the alignment and asked if I wanted the rear to sit pretty much at 0 or flat and i said yes as long as the inner tire doesn't wear. Is it ideal to have some camber? I know I've read some car's are set to have some camber. Just not sure if I should?
I have done it to my previous cars. The BMW spec of about -2.0 degrees is a little too extreme for daily driving, in my opinion. My E60s ran -0.8 in the rear, which was the most they could get out of them. The difference in handling was not noticeable, however, the difference in tire wear was EXTREME. I easily got double the miles out of my rear tires than I did with spec camber. That is saying something, because when you go to 20" or 21" wheels tires become much more expensive and have much shorter warranty periods. Unless you have buckets of cash sitting around for replacement tires, definitely get rid of as much camber as possible. Unless you track your car every weekend, you won't notice.
Appreciate 1