04-14-2012, 04:57 AM   #1358
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
I dont think Jones has KO power but if he takes you down and lands those elbows, you are done. Which is why I think Rashad has a good chance at winning this fight, cause he can keep it on the feet where I think he's better than Jones. Jones throws flashy stuff but most doesnt land, Machida was picking him apart till Jones took him down and landed that nasty elbow.

I dont dislike either guy but I think Jones needs an attitude check, I prefer guys like GSP and Anderson, they are two of the best and two of the most humble guys in mma. Jones is way too into himself and unlike Rashad he doesnt admit it and tries to play the good guy role. Maybe losing a fight will make him realize its not the way to be
I agree on all your points. There's something about Jones, he just seems a whole lot stronger than any other LHW's he's fought. He doesn't necessarily have the one punch KO power but once he gets his hands on someone he throws them around like a ragdoll and has his way. I think once he gets you down, it's over. Also once he grapples, he finds a way to get you down or suplex you over his head. His stand up technique isn't the best in the division but so far he's been able to use his reach effectively. If something lands, it's almost always the beginning of the end though. Shogun said he never recovered from the opening knee JJ landed and it was a battle to survive, not win. I'm not sure how Rashad is going to be able to pull it off. I think he's played the months leading up to the fight really really well, he's definitely inside JJ's head but sometimes that can backfire. Fighting an angry JJ can be worse than fighting a calm, calculated and methodical one. I know when AS fights he always seems to coast, taking his time and picking the right moment to KO you. When he gets angry he's actually trying to take your head off.
Appreciate 0