View Single Post
      09-14-2012, 10:18 PM   #4
sigaris
Rep
Drives: 2012 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinese_food View Post
So for the third time, my passenger door decides to open by its self. Not fully just a little. This happens while I'm driving. I have just the normal doors no soft closing or whatever. They are also locked as well.

I did a visual inspection and the acuators and clamps look good. I also tried to force it open and nothing happened. Looking back at it, it seems to happen when a hit a light bump. It could be a frame issue from my experience.

Is this a common problem with BMW or is it just me?
Hi There,

I purchased a 2012 528 just last week, and this same issue happened to me on my first drive to work! I started a thread on this topic last week. I took it back to my dealer, and they had everything checked, but they're telling me that they don't see anything wrong. I still don't understand how it's possible for a fully closed door to pop open by itself without either something causing it or for the latch to have an issue.. Doors are designed to not pop open while driving!

I also filed a complaint with the NHTSA. I have a feeling this is a systemic issue. If you've had this issue, please report it to the NHTSA at the following link:

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm

Thanks
Appreciate 0