View Single Post
      10-06-2015, 01:40 AM   #72
Teddylongtooth
ZEROdoubleZERO
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i m sport

[QUOTE=Teddylongtooth;18672956]Ok guys, I did my plugs and had my car at the dealer for the fuel pump recall within the last 2 weeks. I first had the HPFP replaced under the recall, my SA said my car probably didn't need it and Im only maybe preventing a problem in the future. Well he was wrong, my car had a rough idle which bugged the crap out of me and my car had a crazy harmonic vibration under a long hard acceleration. I'm happy to report the vibration under acceleration is gone after the fuel pump replacement and it only slightly helped with the rough idle. This past Saturday my plugs showed up early and I put them in and my rough idle is gone, my car has 56k and the plugs had never been changed. So if your car falls under the HPFP recall get it to the dealer and get it done, even if your car runs good you may not know you have a problem till its replaced. I bought my car used and thought it was a worn drive shaft dampner causing the vibration and I thought it was injectors causing the rough idle, I was wrong on both. This may not be the case for everybodys car but it was only $76.66 for the plugs and the fuel pump was free and a little bit of my time for both, if your car has a rough idle this is where I would start.[/QUOTE

Last edited by Teddylongtooth; 02-17-2016 at 02:04 AM..
Appreciate 0