View Single Post
      02-19-2011, 08:34 AM   #1
Sharbotcom
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 535xi M Sport

DSC and X-Drive AND Drivetrain Malfunction

I had my 535 x-drive washed yesterday at the handwash in my underground parking in my office complex. When I went to pick it up and move it to a regular parking spot I got an error stating DSC and X-Drive malfunction and the instruction to be careful driving and go the the nearest BMW dealer. I called my dealer and was informed it was ok to drive the car and they booked me an appointment for Tuesday (this was Friday). I was a bit apprehensive as I live about 100+ miles out of the city and was concerned about putting so many miles on it under these copnditions, but I left it at that. This was at noon and I went back up to my office for more meetings. I left early (a little worried about my baby) and got to my car around 3:00. When I started it this time not only did I get the the DSC and X-Drive error but I then I got a dreaded Drivetrain malfunction error. This time the car went into limp mode I could only get to move at about 3KM/H. Of course I called the dealer and was told to bring it in. I was able to drive it out of the parking lot and onto the street where roadside assistance had dispatched a truck for towing (no flatbeds were available that would have gotten me to the dealer before they closed and I needed to get there in time to get a loaner for the weekend) so it ended up being pulled on dollies (no damage). The dealer will be looking at it on Tuesday as Monday is a holiday. I was lucky that it turned out I was able to a loaner as in the past I've been stuck without one from this dearler.

My question: Has anyone else had the same malfunctions?

On the lighter side, I had an appointment for Wednesday to have mud flaps installed so now I don't need to do a special trip for that.

Thanks,
Bill