12-18-2012, 10:21 PM   #2
MWPos
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i

Garage List
2013 535i  [0.00]
Every place I shopped for my Eibach installation, and Eibach is a minimal drop, quoted two alignments as part of the price. One alignment immediately following the spring installation, and one again within 700, or so, miles. It made sense that an initial alignment must be done or the car may be really uncomfortable or unsafe to drive after being lowered. It also made sense to get a second alignment after a settling period had passed.

If I may offer a small amount of advice, in order to protect your tires, your investment, and most importantly your safety, make sure that the shops from which you get your quotes can actually do a really good alignment. I had my springs installed at a mod shop and they did a great job on the heavy manual labor, but their alignment system was also manual and, as I learned when getting the alignment checked at a high-end shop three weeks later, the alignment was out of spec on the front wheels and just out of spec on the rear. I would have done two things differently; I would have negotiated a lower cost for the spring installation, foregoing any alignment work there, and immediately afterward would have driven to the high-end shop a few miles away for the first alignment. I also would have negotiated a lower price for a two-alignment package at the high-end shop as the second would have been only a minor touch-up.

So, considering the cost of the installation, allignments, and tires, I'd think that you are best served by two alignments, and by putting the new tires on after the second alignment. With this you'll have a safe nice ride with the most life out of your old tires and a perfect alignment for the new.

Last edited by MWPos; 12-18-2012 at 10:26 PM.. Reason: accuracy
Appreciate 0