View Single Post
      06-08-2014, 09:10 PM   #7
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

CHAD! Dude, you're turning into a hopeless case, my friend.

If you even THINK about buying this car again, you need to slap yourself in the back of the head - 20 times in a row!

Look - your forehead says "SUCKER" on it, and the dealer knows it. They see a 21 year old kid, dying to own an e60, walking in and looking to buy an 11 year old MONEY PIT. Why do they need to negotiate with you? $14,500 is too much?? Hell yeah. Let me put it another way - ANY AMOUNT that you need to borrow to buy this car is TOO MUCH.

Two other appointments tomorrow willing to pay full price? GREAT. Sounds like BS, but even if it were true - good! Let some other sucker own this thing. As I've said before, the only guy that should be buying an 11 year old 5 series is someone (a) doing it in cash, and (b) has the luxury of time, patience, convenience, and money on their side to deal with repairs.

You are a complete lunatic (sorry to have to get this blunt about it) if you consider borrowing money to buy this car. 12.99%?? You might as well buy the car on a CREDIT CARD with that rate. Tier 1 credit is getting 0% - 2.9% right now at most dealers. But even if your credit was great, very few banks will want to lend you money on a used car that's more than 7 years old. Why, you ask? Because they're smarter than you, and they would never consider OWNING an 11 year old BMW - and that's exactly what they need to consider if you ever defaulted... inheriting ownership of this thing. "No thanks" is the response of all but some very specialized lenders, and you can expect the rate to be sky high as a result.

STICK with your 328! It's 3 years newer, way more reliable, less expensive to repair, and keeps you from taking out some terrible loan. Listen to reason, Chad!
Appreciate 0