View Single Post
      09-15-2014, 12:11 PM   #34
Zubz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminor513 View Post
I respect the quality of your conversion, looks OEM quality. But my personal opinion, and I'll prob get slack for this, but I feel it's silly to do all this and spend all that money to make a 528i look like an M5. I know it's all personal preference and everyone can do whatever makes them happy with their vehicles, but to me this is a fake imposter. And the 528i is a fantastic and great car in it's own right, so I'm a little perplexed at the desire to do these types of mods. To each his own, and again I respect the quality of the work you did. Just not the motivation behind it.
I'll let OP talk about their own motivation, but for me, I have several equally important criteria in my next car. 1.) Size. 5 series fits the bill to truck the family around 2.) Cost 3.) MPG - Need an efficient vehicle. 528 is the perfect balance for me with it's balance of power, efficiency and size. 4.) Looks. I don't want to have a car payment for something that I'm not excited about. M styling is awesome.

So seeing as how I can't make an M5 more efficient, I'll make a 528 look like an M. And with mods only skin deep, I'm not going to win any drag races obviously. I'm doing it for me. I'd keep my 528 badge on. OP looks like they didn't have an M5 badge on the back. I have a fast second car, and OP has a GTR, so obviously nothing to prove there.

You could argue that any mods to a car are disingenuous, and question everyone on this forum's motivation. Not for you? That's cool. Don't do it. Others are passionate and excited about their car and will do what they do. There are some butt ugly exterior mods out there and people have a tendency to do way too much and ruin their car in my opinion. But they're gonna do what they're gonna do. They're excited and passionate about it...and I appreciate that.

My 2 cents.