View Single Post
      08-18-2011, 11:01 PM   #69
M5-EE
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 (E60)

I don't get you guys. What's with all the hate about a potential M5-inspired diesel? Don't you realize that the technology is changing and we should all embrace it? I've got a E60 M5 at the moment and my brother's driving a F10 535d. And guess what? I'd take the 535d over my M5 any day of the week. The fuel consumption is awesome and there's plenty of power and torque. I can't imagine what kind of beast would a M550dX turn out to be. Let's just say I won't be going after the F10 M5 right away - I'm probably waiting for the diesel version. And since I live in the Northern Europe, I would die for a xDrive version of the M5 / M550d. There's A LOT of snow during the winters and I'm just plain-stuck with ma M5 constantly. I do have special winter tires as of last year, but it's still not good. Not good at all. Having an xDrive would also mean I could have more fun (faster corners, etc).

Now let's get back to the whole ''diesel sucks'' issue. I bet all of the morons saying that were the same morons yelling ''fu*k automatic transmission.'' Remember that, huh?! You were all saying ''no man drive an automatic car'' and ''manual is the way to go''. I guess you were wrong - automatic transmission turned out to be way faster (not to say more comfortable for everyday use).
In 5 years, you will be overwhelmed by the diesel-powered engines. And I will be there to remind you ''I told you so!!''.
Appreciate 0