10-04-2012, 01:46 PM   #14
Matt01
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320d Lux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrester
The one I found to be the best was Haliwell Jones in Southport. As the salesman explained to me, they are one of the smallest dealers but are much higher in the overall sales volume than their size would indicate. They do a lot of internet sales because they are so small and out of the way - it's a good method of getting in the money and they seem to sell a lot from the BMW list rather than thier own stock.

From the dealers point of view, selling a car for the BMW sales list is great: they don't have to have the car on the forecourt depreciating for months; all they have to do is valet it, do a pre-delivery check and take your cash. The dealship gets its 20% (or whatever), the salesman gets his points and you get a car pretty close to what you want.

The only thing is that you have to decide fast when you get a call - the cars don't seem to hang around for long and you have to make up your mind pretty much on the spot. For me, the things I had to have was the visibility package, a dark color (blue black or dark grey) and the 4 cyl. 2 liter diesel. And that's exactly what I got and I'm very pleased with it.
What's the reg, I was a games maker for the Olympics as a fleet driver. Some of them weren't exactly looked after... Lots of clutch smell...
Appreciate 0