Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
There's a big difference.

This is not a merger.

Chrysler has always been a basket case going bankrupt every 10 years.

With the exception of the period after the earthquake, Toyota has been the most profitable and successful auto maker over the past 30 years.
I don't know I'm a great believer to stick to my own, I've been in business for 20 years so when I needed more input I hired the right people and "just got it done"

I would have never thought of working with a competiter to develop a better product. We have a saying in German "Selbst ist Der Man" (translation do it yourself or get it done on your own" I somehow think BMW is striding along a very different path.

Look at the Z4 build in the USA up to 2008. Why do you think a bunch of BMW exacetives went to the US and made the decision to move production of the Z4 (2009 and up) back to Germany? ... I have a good hunch ... the word is quality. I know this first hand I drove a 2008 Z4 then got into a 2009 Z4 the difference was like night and day as far as quality is concerned.

Anyway however wrong my hunch here might be I smell something fishy here if they proceed ... I certainley would not get into one no way. I am a true BMW fan don't get me wrong I still have our first one a 535is from 1987 in the family runs like a charm.
Appreciate 0