jadnashuanh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535iGT x-drive; i3 BEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotormanDan View Post
explain "ceramic controls"
Instead of the plastic as the 'touch' surfaces on the buttons, it is replaced with hard ceramic. This has a distinctly different feel and appearance. Personally, the 'stock' control surfaces seem to wear fine, and while it is different, I'm not sure I"d spend extra money for them, but they offer them as an option for a reason...some people love them.

Regular passengers in any vehicle get used to what it takes to close the doors...infrequent ones, may not get the door closed on the first try, and that's where the softclose feature can be handy. some people always seem to slam the doors. I read one user where even with warning, people still slammed their doors, and eventually, broke the soft-close mechanism. I have no idea if that was a fluke or a real issue if you were to slam the door shut very often.

Not having owned one with that feature, I can't say that I miss it, and have no trouble closing my own door, thank you! Now, if it powered it closed from full open, that might be useful, since sometimes, that can be quite a reach if the wind caught it.
Appreciate 0