View Single Post
      05-23-2013, 01:42 AM   #7
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_rangdo View Post
Slowly but surely (hopefully) getting there.

Lesson learnt though, got to be extremely careful with wording as the scope of investigation appears to be incredibly narrow leaving you to have to argue and try and get some time with the tech guys themselves rather than the front-desk middleman, and even then it's a slow, steady process.

I wonder how many people are pottering around with a 'characteristic' car
I believe many can echo your experience. Even with written descriptions, there can be communication issues within the garages.

Agree, getting to the tech's can be the challenge. Hopefully you are now going to get it sorted, rather than "they are all like it sir".

I had a major problem getting across to BMW the way my engine in the E39 developed a "tick-tack" sound track. It wasn't until I eventually got to the BMW UK engine man that the attitude to the problem changed. Within a few sentences on the phone with him, he knew exactly what I had experienced and a new engine was on the cards if found necessary, (which it was). I had explained all the details to the garage, and even though the BMW guy was involved, they hadn't explained my description of failure.

They don't all listen....

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0