06-22-2018, 08:36 AM   #58
Surly73
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535xi 8AT KWv3 MPE MHD xHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by equ View Post
Two months on my MHD Stage 1. Couldn't be happier... Smooth response but noticeably peppier car.

I have the m-performance muffler, so a slight 0.3 sec burble was a nice addition.

I recommend keeping the cold start revs stock. My manual car stalled several times, this is the only thing that I changed when I retuned.

Haven't logged anything yet, no seeming issues.
Questions:

1/ did you get your burble after turning burble on? Or was it there without turning on the burble? If you specifically turned it on, what were the tuning settings you used for nice-but-not-stupid with M PE?

2/ cold start revs - one of the features I'm interested in (since I have M PE too) is turning off the cold start catalytic light off. But you mentioned "cold start revs". Are these separate features? To my knowledge, the option was simply to disable the timing/waste gate operation that wakes my neighbourhood with M PE on the car and shouldn't change the revs in any way. Just looking for some clarification here - if it just lowers revs, that's of no interest to me. Or are there separate options for revs versus light off?
Appreciate 0