View Single Post
      12-16-2012, 03:07 PM   #16
BigDeep1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Sport - P1, P2

Looks great! My one concern with the this Eibach drop is that the rear is lowered a tad more than the front. I know front clearance is very important, to avoid scraping on driveways and speedbumps; however, the tire/fender gap on the front of the F10 is obscene (factory height on the front vs the rear seems off by almost 2 inches. I wish the Eibach kit would lower the front by 1.5" and the rear only 1".

I was familiar with lowering springs in my american muscle days (with Mustangs). I went with H&R Sport springs as it had the reputation of having more "European" style performance and engineering.

http://www.hrsprings.com/about/
"Their commitment to doing it right and producing a quality product allowed them to obtain TÜV certification and the European performance spring market was born."

I think Eibach is a top quality and top rated suspension company. Again, my experience with Eibach are from my mustang days. In general, the Eibach lowered stangs tended to get lower over the years, and some say get a bit bouncy after a couple of years. Of course these characteristics can (maybe I should say "should") be attributed to the application and the probability of proper shocks not being installed (after years of hard driving).

I would love to lower my F10; however, I looking forward to hearing a little more long term feedback.

Seargent GunMan 05, I apprecate you sharing your thoughts even with the whole family in the car. That will be my exact application. My goal is to get away with the most mods without the wife noticing any degradation in ride quality .
Appreciate 0