09-01-2014, 10:10 PM   #62
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 493263 View Post
I test drove a lot of cars before picking my 550xi with DHP. Base suspension drives like a boat and steering is incredible devoid of any feel at all. I've also driven the M Sport suspension for the RWD vehicles and it is good. However, there's nothing comparable to the DHP.

The Cadillac V is better pushing to the limit and feel but everyday is not as pleasant as the 5. The Mercedes E series drives soft and somewhat sporty. But you push it and it's shaky. The Audi is a very balanced and almost as good as a 5 with DHP.

You get what you pay for. A 5 series with DHP is a lot of money. My car drives soft when I want it to and corners flat when I push it. There's some weird quirkiness with it especially when the low gear start but overall, it's a solid drivetrain.

The 5 series with DHP isn't the most comfortable ride but it's close. It isn't the most sporty ride but it's up there. It can't be tossed around like my 2014 Mazda3 2.5S hatchback but it'll hold onto every corner flat and in control. I don't think I've driven a better car under $100k that is a jack of all trades.
Spot on!
Appreciate 0