View Single Post
      12-01-2012, 04:58 AM   #19
RectalItching
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

old thread, but i hope someone chimes in. i personally have purchased a lifetime alignment at firestone which is 179.99 i believe . One particular gentleman always does it. i have been happy with the results. before i get into tech specs i will say i have not had an issue with alignment. as a matter of fact under my CPO i took the car in for a problem that i thought was related to struts (a whirling sound correlated with acceleration) which i found later to be low air pressure, because they couldnt determine. anyway. BMW said the alignment was fine. So i trust my Firestone tech.

that being said, there IS a specific weight that needs to be applied and i believe Sears said it was like 65 lbs . Not sure in what matter you do it.

When i went to Firestone i fished for determining if the tech knew about this. They said they dont have the exact equipment and filling up the gas tank works fine. now, this is obviously not exact and I'm ok with it. But now im curous if the bentley manual lists what method to achieve the specified force. anyone?
Appreciate 0