View Single Post
      08-27-2012, 11:06 AM   #1
Leedcfc99
Registered
Rep
Drives: 530d GT M Sport (Alpine White)

Performance Brakes and LED Lighting Upgrade

I've had my Alpine White 530d GT M Sport here in the UK for 4 months now and I absolutely love it.

There are two things that I would like to change though, and I wondered if anyone had any experience or thoughts on these.

Firstly, the brake calipers are now starting to rust - which rather takes the shine off the 20" wheels! I've always liked the bright yellow BMW Performance range brake calipers (see below) although these don't seem to be listed as an upgrade option on the 5GT, from looking at the BMW Performance Range catalogue/website. However, a friend of mine tells me that he saw a white GT M Sport with black wheels and yellow brakes, driven by a Nottingham based footballer. I think I'll be asking my dealer the question very soon!

Secondly, I love the angel eyes and the LED lighting in the door handles but I've always thought that the rear number plate lighting in plain yellow bulbs looks poor and I've thought about trying to swap the bulbs to some white LED units. These appear to be available online but I wondered if anyone had done the same?!

Really love the car. It's still getting lots of looks and comments.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0