11-28-2011, 05:27 PM   #46
dmetuning
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Frozen Grey M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimefam View Post
I'm surprised at the drop off in trap speed your second trip to the track. I'm also curious how you plan on getting a tune for the exhaust flaps? I don't think Dinan will alter their tune to suit non Dinan modifications so what else do you have in mind? That is the reason I haven't gotten the dinan because I don't want to pay $3k for a tune and then when I add mods I'd have to discard it for another tune.
I ended up running a 12.5 at 111.7MPH the other day at a different track. That days times were messed up due to high humidty at that track.

Im not looking for a tune for the flaps anymore. I ended up removing the exhaust flaps because they leaked. The leaking exhaust flaps were causing the loss of backpressure which was affecting the spool up time on the turbos. The car felt so much slower with the flaps leaking. The reaction time from the time you stepped on the gas pedal and the car actually starting to move was dramatically increased. I ended up replacing the piping from the first set of cats off the downpipe and deleting the second set of cats. The car fells much faster now and the reaction time is back to the way it was. Heres a pic.

The Dinan Tune is completly worth the money and once they come out with an airbox for the car, it will add a good amount of HP to the current tune. An aftermarket exhaust system would also help alot and a tune is really not needed for that either.

Im planning on replacing the resonator with an x-pipe this weekend to try to get a little bit louder exhaust sound out of the car. I really dont want to spend $3-4K on an exhaust system nor do I want a loud exhaust all the time.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0