View Single Post
      04-01-2013, 02:43 AM   #28
walile
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-A View Post
I love BMW in this day and age where makers like M-B are trying to make the quick buck by drastically changing their vehicles for mere facelifts, ruining the timeless value and future regard of their designs, sans harmony or long term careful brand protection.

BMW keeping the M Sport so similar is a great testament as to how the INSIDERS regard these cars. You can look at is as they don't want to "mess with perfection", while Mercedes and the like do the opposite. Keeping the M Sport so identical shows they perceive it as a classic which was designed right the first time! Bravo.
Very well said. The W124 E-class was a true pinnacle for Mercedes and the E-class has been going down hill ever since. The 2013 facelift is just down right ugly and hideous.

To be fair, I don't like the F10 5-series without M Sport before or after the LCI. But with the M Sport or in M5 trim, it is simply one of the best looking sedan available today and I truly believe that the look of the f10 will age very well.

The E-class will remain ugly as time goes by, but we do have to thank MB for participating if not initiated the power war. If not for the E55K, we might never see the V10 in the E60 M5.
Appreciate 0