View Single Post
      11-01-2011, 05:21 PM   #597
snj1013
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 528i

Sorry for the delayed follow up, but I did get my car back on Saturday after its latest visit to the dealer. The dealer did perform the software upgrade to my 528i concerning the "Drive Straight Retrofit". I guess the original Service Bulletin on this software upgrade only shows the problem and correction applicable to the 535i, but BMW did approve it for my 528i after the dealer opened PUMA case 49248108.

I did get the car on the highway today and it definitely is pulling a lot less. Before I would have to make constant corrections back to the left to keep my car in its lane, and it would take 2-3 seconds to get out of my lane. Now it might take 10-12 seconds at highway speeds to start to drift out of my lane.

I was impressed that my dealer (BMW of Houston North) did remove my aftermarket wheels and tires and replaced them with OEM wheels and tires and test drove the vehicle again and found the car was still pulling to the right. I think a lot of dealers would have tried to blaim the problem on the aftermarket wheels and tires. The dealer removed this variable then got BMW involved.

PM me if you need any other specifics about my repair.
Appreciate 0